Flexible Dual Channel Phase-Continuous 1 GS/s 400 MHz Agile Radio Frequency Source
FlexDDS-NG DUAL is a dual-channel phase continuous direct digital signal synthesizer. Based on the successful design of the FlexDDS multi-channel RF source developed for the Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics, FlexDDS-NG is the next generation waveform generator which directly addresses the needs of experimental physicists.
News: Sep 1, 2019: New firmware released that adds config registers to directly route BNC inputs to the pins of the AD9910. This allows for instance to use the OSK feature (fast on/off) or quickly switch profiles
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) at 1 GS/s and 14 bit resolution enables highly configurable and precisely repeatable signal generation with a frequency range from 0.3 to 400 MHz (resolution 0.23 Hz)
- Two independent output channels with precisely known phase relationship
- One DDS Command Processor (DCP) per channel with 8 ns timing resolution and separate instruction cache (4096 entries) enables fast real-time control of all signal parameters and execution of complex sequences with deterministic timing
- Versatile signal generation: Phase-continuous linear frequency/amplitude sweeps with external hold and direction inputs, phase ramps, fast profile switching, RAM playback, separate amplitude sweep generator and delay/timing generator
- Two independent high speed analog modulation inputs: Amplitude, phase, frequency or polar modulation from analog signal sources with up to 20 MHz bandwidth; slope and intercept of the transfer function can be digitally set
- Excellent signal quality (low phase noise, spurs, harmonics) with an RF output level up to +10 dBm (2 Vpp)
into 50 Ω e.g. to drive mixers directly;
Phase noise of -100 dBc/Hz at 3 kHz offset from a 200 MHz carrier
- Fast output on/off functionality, no signal leakage in off state
- Three real-time digital IOs for external triggering and other functions
- Multi-channel version: FlexDDS-NG with up to 6 FlexDDS-NG-1GS slots.
- Driving AOMs (acousto-optic modulators)
- Ultra-cold atom experiments, coherent atom manipulation
- Control loops that require analog modulation
- BEC evaporation ramps
- Replacement for VFG-150.
Sample output waveforms
For questions, purchase orders or custom modifications please